Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Who's on First & What's on Second?

Normally...husband comes home putters around, has dinner, dessert and takes himself to bed...as he gets up before the sun rises.   Well, the pattern just didn't fit well today...Joe came home but instead of puttering he was muttering....things like - "hey, there's nothing holding us here", "Why don't we just pack up and go?","This place is too damm hot even for me" (He's part sun lizard anyway).

All throughout dinner, saying "wouldn't you like to be closer to the grandchildren?" "I can take the colder weather really I can", telling me to call my sister in Washington State to check on work conditions there...I'm like where is this coming from?

I've moaned & groaned for years over the fact that my two older children are so far away in New York, but never got this type of response from him before. 

It turns out that our youngest, one of the reasons we're down here, has decided to move up to New York!  So, now, Joe is getting to feel a little of the empty nest syndrome that I suffered a while ago - I don't think he likes it too much.

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to look into our different options...we've been here so long it's hard to imagine moving.  But, I've always been a cockeyed optimist anyway, so it might be just the kick start that we need.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to take your computer and keep writing since I just discovered your journal. Paula