Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Footsteps In The Past

I recently got hooked on family research...only because the computer makes it so much easier to track down our ancestors.  Well, I downloaded so much STUFF that I'm drowning in paperwork.

My Mother had started doing an ancestral chart and got it to go back several generations with the help of the family bible that she inherited from her Mom.

We are lucky, in that, my Mom's side of the family all stayed put pretty much in South Carolina...we've been able to trace them back to 1732 when they landed at Charleston.  I have alot of the censuses that were taken early on, also ship lists of names.

I find it really interesting trying to flesh out and make by-gone people whole. 

One of my sister-in-laws is doing the same for my husbands side of the family.....she has done remarkable research and then proceeded to make copies for all of us.

Anyway I find myself at age 60 dragging my paperwork to my Mom & Dad for HELP.....that's what I'm going to be doing all day.

I guess it's true a parents work is never done...HELP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the work you're doing Sandi - I'm looking forward to seeing the compilation when we visit for Thanksgiving! Love, Charlene