Thursday, August 19, 2004

Infamous "Safe Place"

Well, I guess I caused this myself.....when I thought the hurricane was coming this way I tried to gather up "important" papers/things and stuffed them away in what I thought were "safe" places.

Anyway, it's almost a week later and I can't find a  damm thing...not my need to pay before they are overdue bills, beloved photos and thank God I didn't have to secure something living in my "safe" spot. They would be gone forever. 

And whatever was I thinking?  If Charlie had hit us headon as it planned to do....there would be no "safe" spot.   My husband is beginning to believe that "blondeness" is a real disease.. he doesn't want to catch it....I haven't made up my own mind on that yet.

Hey! Wait there might just be a benefit in all of this. While I'm looking for all my "safe" stuff I'll discover all my other "safe" places that I've used throughout the years.  You would be amazed at what I've managed to squirrel away and not find.

Although, I don't know how cool it is to open a little box tucked away in some drawer and discover 13 baby teeth....my oldest "baby" is 38!  The phrase "What was I thinking?" is running through my head.

I guess, you had to be there - at the time I thought it was important to put them in a "Safe" spot...you never know about the tooth fairy...might come back and repossess them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, this entry is very funny, heck sandi i feel that way everyday and i'm only 37...hope you find your stuff...i can't even imagine what that was like.

Anonymous said...

OH, FINALLY, I AM NOT ALONE!! THIS JOURNAL OF YOURS IS A GOOD ONE!!
WELCOME TO J-LAND., AND I WILL FOR SURE BE BACK. I AM PUTTING YOU ON MY ALERTS!! :)

Anonymous said...

As one blonde to another................those things aren't really hidden they are just waiting to be discovered.  Great journal!  penie

http://journals.aol.com/blondepennierae/APenniesWorth

Anonymous said...

As one blonde to another ............................... those things aren't lost they are just waiting to be discovered!  Great journal.  Pennie

http://journals.aol.com/blondepennierae/APenniesWorth

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha   If I hadn't told you I was a blonde you would have found me out after reading your comments section!  I wrote the comment, my computer belched, the comment was wiped out, I rewrote the comment, I have this wonderful sense of 'job well done', and .................................. and there in front of my very own eyes is the epitomy of a 'blonde moment' two comments reading the exact same thing from the exact same blonde.  Instead of feeling like an idiot I'm going to blame the computer.  It must be blonde too!!!!   Pennie  

Anonymous said...

Cute entry! I always thought there are dumb blonds because brunettes bleach their hair. Paula