Thursday, August 12, 2004

NOt One but TWO Hurricanes..oh, boy!

Well, I wish I hadn't mentioned hurricanes in my previous journal entries.......you all know Murphy's Laws?  Well, what can go wrong will go wrong?

Our poor state of Florida is so water logged now I'm really worried what these storms will do.  My own house is rather old and the roof is not that good...so I'm just trying to secure things as best that I can.

I was looking forward to doing the family research today at Mom's but we all have to get busy and ready for this storm "Charlie"... I have to laugh...that's my Dad's name.  I don't know how much of an honor it is to have a hurricane named after you...I'll check with him on Saturday about the honor.

We are in a low lying area but still mid-county Pinellas...so it's hard to know if we should leave and I know Joe won't want to.  I guess that's living on the edge in Florida.  So I'm filling up water bottles, pulling out candles, batteries...luckily we have a wind-up crank radio so I don't have to worry about that.

When Joe gets home we'll have to secure the outside, which is going to be a mess...he has so many plants in pots - some are very heavy I don't think they could move...but I don't know how strong the winds will be.   I just remembered the trees..we have so many trees - oh, well I just have to say a prayer that they don't come down. 

Oh, man they are issuing evacuation warnings already...have to go check out the website...can't remember what level we are.  See ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, girl -- i read about the bad stuff headed your way.  be safe!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you survived the terrible hurricane. We saw all the devastation on TV and feel for the people that didn't hit it lucky. Paula