Saturday, August 7, 2004

Rain Drops Keep Falling on my head

Boy, wish this rain would stop.  Open my front door and it is deluge, I have a couple of steps up from the walk into the house...well, the water is at the top of the first level.  Oh, you say it pools by your front door...I wish!  it's 3-4 inches high from my door to the street and my driveway is 50 foot long.

I really think the ground is so saturated that it can't take any more water.  I told my husband Joe he better start looking for a row boat.  When the sun finally does come back we are going to be steaming with humidity.  Makes me miss the 28 inch snowfalls that I use to get in Chicago and New York...almost.

Joe has a way with plants and wants to sell them at the flea market and maybe E-Bay...but this rain is really raining on his parade.  Too much and you can loose everything you've been growing for years.

I know I shouldn't complain..there are people in this world who are dying because of lack of water.  Anyway, just gonna keep my fingers crossed that we don't get hit with a hurricane because there's no where for the run off to go.

No comments: