Sunday, August 1, 2004

Terror Alert

These terror alerts are not all that new...does anyone remember hiding under their wooden student desk at school...waiting for either the "bomb" to fall or the "all clear" to sound?

Well, the classroom has turned into a city caught in the same web as we were when we were children..only the villians have changed.  These past few years have been remarkable as far as history is concerned....the Berlin Wall coming down, Communist regimes ending , wonderful scientific discoveries, Europe uniting in a common cause for once.

Instead of being able to laud the human spirit we once again have to look at evil squarely in it's face.  It's almost as if we have to find someone to blame for it....we are a target..no one is to blame. Doesn't matter if you are a Democrat or a Republican....the terrorists are not going to give up or go away easily.  We really do not need to attack one another...we are a nation of people united in the belief of Freedom...we all bleed the same.

Our biggest enemy is our mindset that we "forget or diminish" whatever happened yesterday...like the saying..:Wait..It'll blow over".   We need to remember, we need to watch out for one another.  Hey, believe me, if I see anyone doing something suspicious I'll be the first one to "drop a dime".

Didn't mean to go on like this but I had read a post on one of the chat boards and the stupid person stated that he was "sick" of hearing about 9/ll.    It got me going.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, I'm "sick" of 9/11 too. I'm sick of remembering people running past me in the street, with dust, blood & dirt from the collapse of the towers sticking to their clothes. I was at work that day, on 20th street and park avenue - roughly a mile from ground zero.

My wife watched from the street in front of her office on 15th and broadway as the bright fireball filled the sky in lower manhattan. We managed to stay with a friend in his apartment on 29th and Lex, and we tried to find a bar to get ****faced to forget about what happened earlier. My friends wife joined us, shaking...She worked at J.P. Morgan Chase downtown, and had to dive back into her lobby as debris and dust littered the front of her building. Nothing was open that day. I can tell you that New Yorkers aren't fazed by anything, but this shook this city to the core. I had to buy a 5th of vodka from a Chinese Resturant.

So if you're sick of hearing about 9/11, get over yourself. (Not you Sdoscher) Try living in NYC where the color of the day is <b>orange</b> and you expect it to peak at red at any moment.

Anonymous said...

We can never & should never forget 9/11!  I cried as I watched it on TV.  
God Bless!

http://journals.aol.com/jlanca5866/ATouchofPatazz