Thursday, September 2, 2004

Huff & Huff Till Your House Blows Down

Well here we go again. I can't wait for summer to be over....unfortunately hurricane season doesn't end until November.  I feel like Florida is a bowling alley and the storm is barreling down the lane, trying to knock out all the pins!

We have so many people evacuating from south Florida up towards the north that if we were a boat we will surely flip.  The news shows have shown the roads and they look like a parking lot moving slowly, ever so slowly.  Well, at least people have learned from the recent hurricane and they are leaving to protect their lives.

Here, in St. Pete, we expect to get a tremendous amount of rain, some wind but then again...this storm might have a mind of it's own.  In the past here in Florida..we've had storms cross the state, hit the very warm gulf waters, revitalize and strike the coast further up.

It's just not totally predictable. I guess we just stay glued to the TV set for the time being.  We got in a bunch of water, canned goods, candles and we just hope for the best.  I pray that the people in the direct impact path are safe or out of harm's way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Seminole, so that makes us neighbors!  I am sure many will be glued to their sets for updates.  Blessings to you & yours!

http://journals.aol.com/jlanca5866/ATouchofPatazz

Anonymous said...

It's just one right after another this year.  My niece from Orlando decided to come home to NC for the holiday weekend, and we were awfully relieved.  Take good care of you.

Lighting a candle for all of Florida,

mara

Anonymous said...

I'm far away in So Calif, but I know the things that nature can bring.  We live with earthquakes.  My thoughts are with you.  Pennie

Anonymous said...

I HOPE YOU WILL BE SAFE.. I KNOW IF I WERE THERE, MY EYES WOULD BE GLUED TO THE TV SET TOO! THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE SCARIEST THING, NOT KNOWING IF IT WILL REVITALIZE AS YOU SAID, OR WHAT IT WILL DO.
TAKE CARE AND KEEP US POSTED.
KIM.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, hope you make it thru Frances safe & secure.  At least Floridians have a short hurricane season.  In Texas we get tornados eight months out of the year.  But it does seem like Florida is definitely having a bad year.  ¤Holly