Saturday, September 18, 2004

Homework Assignment #24..Wedding Music

We had a small wedding in Tokyo, my immediate family flew over, courtesy of Air France (Dad worked for them at that time).

It was held in one of the hotels in downtown Tokyo, food was served banquet style and the room was nicely decorated.  We had a small band and for our first song we chose "More" the theme from Mondo Canne...(which, if memory serves me correctly..was an awful movie about terrible, odd things in life)  But, both Tom and myself loved the theme music!

My husband was also very fond of Nat King Cole...so "Red Sails In The Sunset" was also on the menu....I can close my eyes and hear "See the pyramids along the Nile...."

I really didn't  have to worry about the wrong music being played because other than three or four dances...no one really danced. The band kind of played easy background music the rest of the night.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely lovely, my kind of music as well.  Would love to visit Tokyo, I shall just have to dream about it.  Hope you do not mind but I have added your journal to my page. xxxxx

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO LUCKY. I CANNOT IMAGINE BEING MARRIED IN JAPAN, NOT TO EVEN MENTION LIVING THERE, THE COUNTRYSIDE IS SO BEAUTIFUL FROM THE PHOTOS I HAVE SEEN, WOW!!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my journal and leaving a comment!  
I loved your journal and I will be back!
Julie

Anonymous said...

That sounds all so wonderfully exotic...a wedding in Tokyo, totally "Unforgettable" By the way, thanks for posting a comment in my journal.
Nani

Anonymous said...

it all sounds dreamy. beautiful :-)

Anonymous said...

very nice story!
~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl