Sunday, September 12, 2004

Homework Assignment #23 Time Capsule

If I could leave five things for future generations...it would be the following:

1. All the photographs that have meaning to me
    My daughter holding my first grandchild/grandbabies/ youngest son w/girlfriend/oldest son w/girlfriend/oldest son age 3/ myself & hubby/older son..beautiful daughter's wedding & (1) ex/Seabiscuit/War Admiral Race of 1938...with the story of my father/History of hubby's father & WWII prisoner of War Story/Older son in front of Takabayashi Castle...samurai in the mix/Picture of Oba-san & grandson in Tamagawa w/stories.

2. A Stamp Collection

3. A family bible detailing back to the 1800's in South Carolina

4. All the Genealogy charts/information on family on both sides going back as of now to the 1600's.

5. Voices on tapes of both my grandmothers detailing their live...put on CD's along with all other relatives now alive...so in the future they can hear our thoughts, beliefs and goals....and well wishes to the future generation.

.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family! you must be very proud!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA TO TAPE YOURSELVES ON THOUGHTS, BELIEFS, ETC...FOR YOUR FUTURE GENERATIONS!
YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY.
KIM.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment on my journal, it is genuinely appreciated! Only had a moment this morn to check out yours, will be back... Your history must be very impressive.
Thanks again...
Scott

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. beautiful family.
<3 beth
http://journals.aol.com/aangelisqt/dontgoquietly

Anonymous said...

awwwww the baby is soo cute. I want one sooo bad but I have a few years to go. I am only 18.

http://journals.aol.com/dancingmuffins/Whenpigsfly/
Laura

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for visiting my journal.  You are very fortunate to have a family Bible that contains information.  Nothing like that in our family.  I agree that female lines are harder to trace because they married and changed names. I also envy you (in the nicest way) that your Mother got that tape done.  How I wish I had done the same thing or at least asked a lot more questions. I still have unsolved mysteries. Glad you enjoyed my entry.  Please do visit again. You might enjoy all my memories of my Grandmother's house plus family photos I have put on.
I shall certainly be back to yours and I loved the photographs!!!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family/

Anonymous said...

Interesting answer.  I used to have a stamp collection.
This is my first visit to your journal.  I really like it. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

YOU SEEM LIKE A WONDERFUL MOTHER AND GRANDMOTHER. I AM GALD TO SEE YOU HAVE  A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY FILLED WITH HAPPINESS. BE WELL.