Sunday, January 20, 2008

Astrology Sort Of

"Let's get this show on the road by telling the Aquarians out there exactly what they want to hear (which, fortunately, also happens to be the whole truth about this sign): You, Aquarius, are one of a kind. Every single Water Bearer is absolutely unique in every possible way -- and there's a very real reason for that. These folks work hard to ensure that they're completely and noticeably different from the crowd. And just in case others don't pick up on it from the way they dress or the jewelry they wear, Aquarians get their point across the moment they voice their opinions. But those opinions, while radical and rebellious, are also somehow completely, totally and inarguably logical. In short, those born under this month's sign are the ultimate observers of humankind, which makes them able to not just understand but also empathize with any and all points of view -- no easy task.

When it comes to relationships, the influence of Aquarius's ruling planet -- unpredictable, freedom-loving Uranus -- is obvious. If you're a Water Bearer yourself, you know you've got a taste for what might gently be called 'the unusual.' (In other words, anyone who's liable to startle your friends and family when you bring them home for Sunday dinner will do just fine.) But before you issue that all-important invitation, there's a very specific list of qualities you run over in your mind: If they're completely different from anyone you've ever known, that's a plus. And if they honestly don't know how to be prejudiced against anyone, in any way, you may well be in love -- and you've certainly found a potential match.

Of course, persuading an Aquarius to give up their precious freedom is a tall order -- but the rewards are well worth the efforts! In short, holding on with an open hand is absolutely the only way to keep things going when you're flirting with unconventionality -- but once Aquarius has found the one, they'll make of their partner not just a lover and a spouse, but also a lifelong best friend." 

Astrology is an interesting thing to study. Oh, I do not believe that one can plot the future or anything like that. However, there are certain quirks to a person's personality that do fall within the parameters of an astrological study.

Take me for instance, I know I do not like feeling fenced in. When someone tells me, " No!", it makes me want to do just the opposite. I also know I am set in my ways, a tad bit stubborn but I do lend an ear and I do listen.

As far as being unique, I don't know about that. I believe each person is unique in their own way - anyway.  I do love meeting new people, hearing their stories, their backgrounds...personal life experiences. I do try not to judge people, unless they hurt me in some way.  I've also heard it told that an Aquarian lives fifty years into the future...I think that's true.  Sci-fi to me isn't make believe but a vision of what the future could become. 

My grandma Sophie was born in 1889...think how many things she witnessed in her life. That was the year that the Statue of Liberty was erected in New York Harbor, she lived in Brooklyn in a cold water flat. The iceman delivered ice for their ice-boxes to keep food fresh.  Electricity was also a new thing, not readily had by the common public.  So oil lamps were the norm. How far we have come.

Yet, if I were to go back in time to her youth, she would have laughed at any suggestion that people would flip a switch for light, plug in a fridge for keeping food fresh, or that we could communicate with lightening speed over a computer.  Sophie would of thought of all of this as science fiction. Walk on the moon anyone?  I love it. I hope I'm around to see what the coming future does hold for mankind....something good I hope.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh me too I am hoping to have a flying car.
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

My mom's an Aquarian, and from your description here, she's a TRUE Aquarian!!  VERY UNIQUE!!!  LOL!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

astrology is interesting - some writers use it as a tool for building character personality.  and i have to say, i was involved with 2 saggitarians in my youth and they were so much alike..scorps and sags aren't suited.  

Anonymous said...

I wonder how much things will change in the next 100 years ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

hi stranger ... I have started journaling again... hope  to hear from you and glad to see you are still around !!

~~Emma ~~

Anonymous said...

I've never studied Astrology enough to make an opinion of one direction or another. But, when reading snippets like your entry, I'm always intrigued! As for the future, I hope with my many journals, my great-great grandchildren and beyond will know exactly what life was like for me, and how much it differs from their time~
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

OH!  GOSH!  I'm SO tickled to find you!  I've been journal hopping from a journal I get alerts for (slapinions), and I've found you!  I have you on alerts again.   nice to see you. ;)  C.