Thursday, March 24, 2005

Throw Away Society

I've come to the conclusion and I believe wholeheartedly that it is a correct one, we have totally become a throw away society.

I've joked with my husband that so many of the landmarks here in Florida are fleeting....my sister and I were going to the bank turning down a block that we knew quite well and had only been down that block two days before.  Something was out of place, something was wrong, goodness grief!! Someone knocked down Mickey Dee's...all that was left was the Golden Arch Sign.

My sister & I looked at one another we started to laugh hysterically, she almost didn't know where to turn for the bank because the corner building wasn't there.  Of course, I had to add "I really really wanted a hamburger!!"  It's strange too, because this particular McDonald's had just under gone a tremendous overhaul, including building an indoor play area...within the last year....so what gives?  I'm glad someone has money to waste.

It gets worse, my folks live about 15 blocks from me as the crow flies.  Well, we never paid attention to streets, avenues, addresses ..just go three or four miles down the road turn left at the vacuum store and go two blocks...and you are there. For twenty years this has been our road....well, two weeks ago my hubby is driving me over to visit my folks, and we miss the turn...why? No more vacuum store!!  

You know that song "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot?" well, that's how I feel.

But seriously folks, all joking aside when I see that 60% of us versus 30% (10% don't give a crap either way) and the higher number wants us to throw away a human life it's scary.

I hate the idea that people are jumping on this because they see politics on one side or the other.  I'm not a Bush supporter but in this instance I have to agree with him about erring on the side of life.

There is a web site that everyone, whatever your beliefs, should view....it is an expanded video of the short view that you get of Terri on TV....the Judge had also forbidden the family from showing this film...why?  Go to   www.terrisfight.net

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i couldn't believe what i was seeing.  she was responding and even interacting...

Anonymous said...

I agree about the throw away society. I am off to check out that site right now.

Anonymous said...

it's a truly sad situation i feel if her parents are willing to take responsibility for her they should be allowed to make the decision.. to my understanding there was no living will, only a husband who has already got a whole new lifes word..
another thing that is sad is how president bush and jeb are both using this politically.. in texas president bush signed a bill to do just this. even if the parents don't want life support turnedoff the state can mandate that it is... so how does he justify his sudden change.. we would not be allowed to starve an animal to death we would havecriminal charges filed against us but millions can watch as a human is starved to death....life is hard to understand at times like this..
felicia

Anonymous said...

lighting a candle for terri..

Anonymous said...

So glad you are showing this. I have been praying for her  and her family. America is sadly mistaken on this isuue. She is a human, not a throw away doll. She is God's child, just like all of us. God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

I think we all have quite a bit to be concerned about now with all that's been taking place.  Personal agendas are becoming more important than life and I find it quite sad.  

Anonymous said...

so sad the whole situation.....the videos were hard to watch...she does seem responsive too...

~JerseyGirl
www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

I am definitely NOT a Bush supporter---but this WAS MURDER.