Friday, March 18, 2005

Evil Judges Be Damned

It is now 1:49 PM in sunny Florida...land of the dead or being helped to die.....

Judge Greer, in all his infinite wisdom, has struck down all legal attempts to try to thwart his decision that Terri must die by horrible means.   We do not even torture the most evil death row prisoner by withholding food & water...yet this is what this miserable excuse for a human being believes is right for Terri.

A last minute bid to rescue, my hopes went soaring that maybe the calvary was on it's way, the men in the white hats would come barreling in and win the day.....they tried, they pleaded, I do believe that a federal supeona outweighs a local idiot judge...but I must be in the minority....will Hospice cave?  From what I understand Hospice had a rep on the phone call between Washington and our inept judge and when he said "No, my order stands"  the rep asked "what do we do now?' The judge replied"You go back and follow my orders and remove the tube at once"...... I want  to know if this guy is elected or appointed and I for one want him out of the court system....No matter what has been presented, no matter what has been told to him, no amount of evidence - for saving her life has been accepted by this terrible judge.  Yet, he accepts unproven facts & statements attributed to Terri by people who have hidden motives...no fairness at all do I see in this entire case for over fifteen years...

Now, remember Terri as you swallow your food or take your next drink of water....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, at first I sided with the husband on this since technically, once a person gets married the spouse becomes the legal guardian in such situations.  However, when I learned that it was to remove a feeding tube and the cheating bastard already has a girlfriend whom he has children with, I started to side with the parents.  I think the judge should have at least let the parents obtain a divorce on their daughter's behalf.  The husband sounds like he gave up his right to make decisions based on being a spouse once he got the girlfriend.  Removing a feeding tube is cruel and will be a long slow painful process as she dies.  I don't understand how it can be allowed.  If the parents want to take care of her, I say "let them"!  Sheila

Anonymous said...

Yikes, your writing is very creative and i like the way you express your feelings through writing, pretty awesome...... Rachel__ bugsbunny0392@aol.com!!!

Anonymous said...

This is all so maddening and saddening.  I wish her husband would just let it go and hand his rights over to her parents.  I do hope someone can intervene and turn the situation in Terri's favor.  That being the right to live.  Despite the fact they were/are married, they weren't married that long and her parents are her parents forever.  He is living his life with his fiance and CHILDREN.  Shame on him.  If he were truly committed to Terri, he wouldn't have committed adultery, which is what he has done.  

Anonymous said...

I truly dont know where it is that I fall on this issue. (speaking as a right-winger)

One side of me says, if her family wishes to keep her alive by artificial means, then so be it.

The other side says, this is not life, it is a science project, let us let nature take it's own course.

Terri's husband has been offered an outlet from this nightmare, to pursue his own life while retaining Terri's life. I hope his resistance hasnt been based on a life insurance policy or some such.

I watched my own father die as he was removed from artificial support while in a comatose state. It was awful, but it was also natural. (He was loaded up with morphine to aid in the process and to diminish his pain.)

I dont know the answer here.

My gut says give her husband a divorce and a new life, and keep her alive.

Caring for our weekest, is what makes us human.



Anonymous said...

You know I have wondered it before but maybe it's not not the fact that Terri Shaivo is going to die but the way she's going to die.  We wouldn't starve Scott Peterson to death and he killed his wife and child.  Why is what Michael Shaivo doing any different?  No,he's not his child but he's his killing his wife in degrees and somehow that seems just as awful as what Scott Peterson did to Laci and Connor.  I hate to ask but if there was a law that said a medical doctor could inject someone with a drug and they go to sleep and not wake up would that be better somehow?  I mean it wouldn't be torture because they'd be going to sleep and dying peacefully.  I mean we give the worst criminals lethal injection and they die and it's quick and painless.  Why should they get that? I say someone like Scott Peterson deserves to suffer.  Terri Shaivo is suffering and dying little by little.  Shouldn't we reserve the pain Terri Shaivo's in for someone like Scott Peterson?