Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Oprah

  I had time today to watch the  Oprah Winfrey Show.  She is taking on the scum of the earth...child molesters.  From what I've seen of her these last few years she is a lady that puts her money where her mouth is.

    I cheered her when she started her Angel Network, mostly for the relief in the awful war torn area's of Africa, helping the most helpless - the children.  

 Then I saw her reaction to the terrible devastation left by Katrina in her wake.  Oprah put her whole network to work to try to help the survivors of the disaster. I admired her tenacity. 

   But what she is doing now is beyond anything I have ever seen a TV host do.  She is working with the FBI and posting the ten most wanted child molesters each week on her show.  It has only been a few days and they have captured two TWO of these monsters already with a third being in the process of.

  I live in a state that these perverts evidently like...Florida.  The case of the little girl in Sarasota rang too close to home for my liking.  Carlie Brucia was an 11 year little girl who should never have come to the end the way she did, I cried many a tear over her.

  She was abducted only 3 blocks from where my little niece lives, she's nine.  She loves to ride her bike, she likes the freedom to run to a friend's house to play....what should her parents do?  Keep her in the house, stop her from playing? Take her childhood away in fear of her being targeted by a pervert?

  I am in complete agreement with Oprah....the scum need to be run down to earth not our kids.  She is giving an award of $100,000.00 to anyone who can help the police/FBI capture these fugitive men.  Today, two women shared in the reward for one of the captured child molesters. 

 But the biggest joy was the fact that the victims parents were present to thank them for giving them the relief of knowing that their tormentor was once again in police custody.  Imagine someone doing this to your family and they are still out there...I cannot imagine.  

  Today, Oprah said she, herself, had come full circle. She was molested as a child, it affected her life to a great extent...she has overcome a lot in her life to be where she is now.  This is something that is close to her heart and I do believe that this may give us a leg up on trying to stop the madness of child molestation..  

 You know, quite frankly, I don't want to hear..."Oh, they have a sickness, they are ill...you know it's mental state, their Mother's/Father's mistreated them".....guess what?  I don't care, to me - it's an excuse that holds no water. To me, if you have an over powering need to hurt a child...go die somewhere...that's how I feel.  It may not be politically correct, but it would damn sure be expedient!

  We need to have a master computer for all these sicko's so that they cannot easily jump from state to state as they have in the past.  I hope that some sort of legislation can be done in this regard...I think that would also stop the arrogance that these men have been showing for years.

  So shout it out sister....NO MORE!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.  I found an ugly side to me one day on my way to work when I was confronted with this sort of thing.  Thank you. ;)  C. http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you.......Ally

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more. We used to get the Oprah show over here but for some reason not anymore.  I used to like her show. I cannot tell you what I feel about child molesters.  My views are extreme.

Anonymous said...

Oprah is a remarkable women. This is a subject very close to my own heart and I admire Oprah's gut's, determination and sheer fire power. I wish we could watch an up-to-date version of her show over here.
Tilly
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

I saw the show too. I am glad to think that finally someone is doing something like this on tv. They need to post those pictures everyday on tv and get rid of these evil sick people. I think the more people that see these pictures the better chance that they have to catch them. I was looking at my local registered sexual predators list in my area and to my surprise there are so many. I live in Miami Florida and it scares the heck out of me I never let my four kids just roam around the neighboorhood it is so scary.
*Louise*

Anonymous said...

I don't usually watch Oprah, but I do admire her for putting her money where her mouth is and for helping out various different causes including this one.

betty

Anonymous said...

If that thought process isn't politically correct, well, I'll be damn politically incorrect with you!! I agree, there isn't a reason, or excuse in this entire would that would make me understand why a child molester does what they do. Never, not now, not ever.  A public notice, with bonus picture was published in my newspaper, giving the address of a "violent registered sexual predator" moving into my neighborhood. Evidently, as part of the sexual registration, everyone gets to know that they live in the neightborhood <yes thats good to a small degree> but there's nothing we can do about it except ban our children from that block.
I applaud Oprah for using her position to create more awareness and helping in tracking these monsters down.
Next, we need 10 times tougher laws against these criminal slims, and no more letting them out again and again to strike another innocent child. Whew, thats an emotional topic for me!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more, Sandi.
My heart almost broke for the father of Jessica Lungsford when he recently found out that the despicable scum that killed his daughter could actually walk free becuase the idiotic Florida cops never read him his Miranda rights! But don't get me started. I'm not a proponent of capital punishment but someone needs to do something really horrible to that sick bastard.
Oprah is a hell of a woman and an angel to many. She's one of the few woman left in the world that are worthy of admiration.
MAryanne

Anonymous said...

There is a sickening trend in our country - - the criminals have all the rights and the victims get no justice at all. We need to stop catering to these sickos and lock them up permanently. I'm tired of hearing all the pathetic excuses as to WHY they are bad. I think some of these wacko judges & psychologists should be locked up with them.........    

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on this!  Molesters need to die!

Anonymous said...

Sandi, did you know that one of our very own J-Landers has been featured on The Oprah show several times in the past two years?

hugs

Lahoma

http://journals.aol.com/mzgoochi/LahomasLaments/

Anonymous said...

Wow Sandi! This is a great entry! I am a big supporter of Oprah as well and I applaud what she is doing.

Vincci
www.pinktify.com

Anonymous said...

Sandi,
Excellent entry! I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Gem
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

Preach on, Sister!  I have two little girls.  I spend a lot of energy worrying about this very topic.  I shouldn't have to do that!  We didn't as kids.  We got to run the neighborhood and have fun.  Our kids don't get to do that.  It is soo sad.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Great entry. ITA.

Christy

Anonymous said...

YES!  I too, watched this Oprah episode through many a tear...she is amazing and as you said,her show has already brought enough attention to this subject to apprehend two pediphiles.   Three thousand cheers!!   Great entry...brings more awareness that is much needed about a painful subject that everyone wants to turn away from, but shouldn't.   Michelle  

Anonymous said...

good job Sandi

Anonymous said...

Oh, I tape Oprah everyday... she is amazing. I was just checking you out. Found you over at CarnivAOL. Enjoyed the read!

Amanda over at:
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin