Monday, September 29, 2008

The House is Falling Down

Boy, I am so disappointed in my fellow citizens right now.  Rile em up, feed them garbage and send them screaming to their elected officials....yup, that's the way to do it.

Do any of you realize that BEFORE McCain pulled his "ride into Washington and be a Savior" antic this past week....the "bail out bill" was close to approval.  Now, after his grandstanding and letting the American public sweat on it for a few days...we have utter chaos.

Save me from heroes....

And no, I'm not for just handing money over to Wall Street willy nilly. However, if you look back at history we must step in.  In the great depression they waited years before they did anything that was constructive and those of my parents age who are still alive lived through some very harrowing times.  As seen by the reaction today of the market, the largest drop EVER. 

The SEC was put into place to guarantee that stockbrokers wouldn't "pad" the system by buying without any actual resources backing it up.  Brokerage houses have been heavily slapped in the past ..ie; EF Hutton's "float"...still can't figure out why they thought they would get around the SEC, once again pure greed and stupidity.

I don't like the bailout, I want as both McCain & Obama have said conditions placed on it that do not reward the exec's of the failed companies, it should be made clear that the funding will be paid back out of future profits. There needs to be a clear, concise accounting of where, to who and how the money is dispersed.   That being said, we NEED the bailout. 

Stop sending letters screaming at your representatives, you are frightening the poor dears, they think they will not get elected again if they vote for it....so, of course, they are going to do what is also good for them - not vote for what they know they should....heck, their jobs are being threatened. How many of us could throw our jobs to the wind to vote our minds? Not many.

Our world has become an incredible shrinking planet, sneeze here in the States and a butterfly loses it's wings in China...or so they say.  So just what do you think that this financial disaster is doing worldwide?  Nothing good, that's for sure.

Mark my words, we are on a downward spiral and we best apply the brakes in any which way we can...before it all comes to grinding thud.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen, sandi.  you said a mouthful, and said it well.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more!!! We're in serious dam trouble here. I am still just shocked that this is all happening!

Huggers,
GAyla

Gayla said...

Hello~
Thank you and thank you for posting this fantastic entry! I couldn't agree with you more. AMEN sister. We are headed for deep, deep troubled waters where we all might come close to drowning. Most especially if we let Mc Cain into office.
Like you, I'm personally doing everything I can to get our next President elected: President Barack Obama. Has a nice ring doesn't it? LOL
Your journal looks great!

Huggers,
Gayla

Gayla said...

OOOPs,
I didn't think my other comment posted....sorry about that.
Take care and I'm sorry again,
Gayla

Jeannette said...

I tried to add myself as a follower but it simply would not let me, do not know why. I will try again another time. However, at least I am able to comment!

Jeannette said...

Lol, I posted the comment, then went to log out and saw I had been added as a follower even though when I pressed send it did not do it. There you go, that's technology for you.

Gayla said...

We did it baby!!!! They have just announced that Barack Obama and Joe Biden have WON. I can't stop crying.

YES WE CAN!
Hugers,
Gayla

DB said...

Hi Sandi, even though I am just now reading this (2/24/09) I'm very impressed with your thinking and your words. Like the oil tanker that takes a mile and a half to come to a stop, the rectifying of our economy is a slow painful process. There is a lot of undoing to do. The inept CEOs who plundered the citizens and are now getting away with million dollar parachutes should be brought to account. They won't be, of course, but maybe, MAYBE their crimes can be cleaned up and we won't have to stand in line with a coupon to buy our marjorine.

Thank you for your clarity

DB - The Vagabond