Friday, March 3, 2006

Viewpoint Again

Well, let me try this again. Sorry about writing only a few lines and running out, thought I would have more time to finish writing before my sister got here - but I was wrong.

First, let me say thank you to everyone that asked after Joe and Big Red. They have both come through this ordeal in pretty good fashion.  We got the truck back, totally repaired just the other day..the only thing that they still have to do is some undercarriage body work and paint.

Looking at the truck from up above you would never know that it had been involved in an accident like that. The repair shop did a tune up, changed belts all kinds of extra's and sure enough the engine sounds great, purrs like a kitten. Now as far as driving goes we need a little break from idiot drivers aiming at us..that would be good.

Sometimes I feel just like the little critter up above fighting to get out of a paper bag.  I hear or read the news and I think.."Am I crazy? Or is the world going nuts?"

Our Chief Resident Cowboy has out done himself this time. We are spending billions, not to mention our guys dying, to promote freedom in countries that really do not know what it means and really don't seem to want it.  To the south of us we are letting ourselves be over run with illegals...and we are told that we need to let them in because only they would do the jobs they do.

What kind of an excuse is that? It's not that they are the only ones to do such work..it's the owners of the large produce farms who keep the wages low, so that they have a higher bottom line for themselves...it all ties into big business.  We were supposed to be trade partners with Mexico...well, our plants relocated, jobs went south for sure.  What came North? Hungry people looking for work and sending more than 2 billion dollars out of this country back into Mexico. Hey, that works for their economy don't you think?

He just seems to want to be in the hot seat all the time. The business with the major ports being run by an Arab country is crazy. I know that the British Company that had won the lease for the ports was taken over, however, don't you think an important lease like this one would contain escape clauses to the effect that if the company changed hands the lease would be null and void. I can't believe that something like that was not written into the lease.

Rooting, shooting First Cowboy has now turned his attention to India & Pakistan.  Let's see now, the last time I called for help with my Dell I had a rather hard time understanding the Dell employee I was talking to...the Indian dialect was just too heavy. So many American companies are outsourcing over there because the pay scale is unbelievably low. Our wonderful & wise leader has also decided that we must share our nuclear (fun word) knowledge regarding power plants with India to bring them into a better position to trade with the world. Huh??

This is all being done in the name of what? How long can we keep on loosing companies, money, people and still maintain our own economy? I for one feel like we are under attack on so many levels...while our leader just goes around patting everyone's head like we are little children.

Yeah right...I just got a picture of Hanzel & Gretel in my head, nibbling at the candy house, just to get fattened up.

Anyway this is my view and I'm sticking with it.

PS/I am not against anyone, anywhere bettering themselves - just don't use me & mine as stepping stones to get there.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

testify, sister!

you tell it well and truthfully!

glad to hear joe and big red are doing fine :-)

Anonymous said...

Sandi you echo the views of many of us ~ I agree totally with what you say ~ this world has gone nuts ~ Tony Blair our PM is now saying that he prayed to God to help with his decision to go to war ~ God I am sure would not want war. ~ I had a cold call the other night and the Indian voice was so thick with dialect I could barely understand her ~ So glad Joe and Red are OK....Ally

Anonymous said...

All our call centres are in India as well including AOL.  I just cannot understand what they are saying. Even our bank has its call centre in India.  I rang up to query something and could not get the woman to understand that our account was in joint names but I also had one of my own.  She hung up on me! In the meantime our unemployment is rising, our hospitals are in crisis, the crime rate is growing and we now have a Prime Minister who says God told him to send troops to Iraq just like George W.  All because they cannot admit they have handled the whole thing wrongly and the situation will drag on for years with many more troops dying.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100% Sandi. And YAY about the truck being fixed! woot! You guys have my dream truck. :)

hugs
Lahoma

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear views from the USofA which agree with the views of the vast majority over here in Wales. Your problem seems to be that you have no Political Party to vote for which agrees with your views. We know what your Chief Cowboy has to say - we hear it all the time on US based satellite TV stations; what we never hear over here are the views of your Chief Indian.  

Anonymous said...

Well said hon'.  So glad the truck's back in order too...nothing worse than a despondent man.  Hehe. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Sidenote: Yes, I, like a lot of people in this country are looking for one good man or woman. a straight shooter, a standup type of person..with moral values, knows right from wrong, strong ... not politically motivated...(which of course will never happen because a good person would get chewed to bits)...I need a hero....Sandi

Anonymous said...

I hear ya... and I get it... but I try to avoid these political discussions online.. lol

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Glad Joe is OK and Big Red is all fixed up. I just wrote a comment on your earlier entry because I was confused about who/what/why on COWBOY. Now, it makes a lot of sense.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering who Cowboy was *grin*  I got it now *grin*
glad Joe is Ok and big red's fixed.
Gem :-)