Friday, January 20, 2006

Will You Still Love Me When I'm 62

I look back and wonder where did all the years go? Is time speeding up, going faster than it did when I was a youngster? I think so.

It seems like only yesterday I was listening to a new group called the Beatles..they were really radical with their mod haircuts, English accents, style of dress and oh, baby, the lyrics! So much cooler than Elvis's swinging pelvis.

During my life I have met several people who share my January 20th birthday.  One is truly unbelievable and only through a strange twist of fate.

I was employed by Sunken Gardens in St.Petersburg for over eight years.  I started as a secretary and ended up the PR Director...one of the owners had married a girl whose Mom hailed from Virginia. She was born on the same day as I was, so we always wished each other a happy day.

One year, we started talking a bit and it turned out she was born on the same day, the same year, in the same city and then of all things! The same hospital that my Mom was in during the war. Her Mother had passed already so she could not ask how many room mates she had had or if she remembered anyone's name.  My Mom remembered having three girls in the room with her and they all had girl babies. 

I just thought the probability of the above has got to be pretty darn high.  Strange.

Then again, strange is a constant in an Aquarius's life.  My hubby says it's like a roller coaster with highs and lows...just hang on for the ride.

Anyway, he had to work today and tomorrow so we will celebrate my day on Sunday.  I'll be the one humming...."Going to a Party, Party......."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!  Today is my cousins grandma's birthday...(other side of the family! )  It is my cousins birthday tomorrow!  Funny!

I loved your story...you should try to get hospital records...that would be so neat!

Be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday   -  Enjoy your Party Sunday.
I'm sure time has speeded up since we were youngsters..lol
It really is a small world.....what a coincidence to have same B.day..Same hospital...etc...Ally

Anonymous said...

Strange coincidence!! Yes, you're right, time has speeded up since we were young. I remember waiting forever for my birthday or Christmas, now they come and go so fast!! I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow and you enjoyed your actual birthday yesterday! Jeannette. http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

How strange to have met up as newborns (not that you can remember!) and then again years later......Happy birthday to you both and hope you enjoy Sunday.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story! I hope you have a fantastic Birthday and a great celebration. Time is definitely speeding up-- the older I get the more it seems to fly. Despite the passage of years I still feel like I'm twenty (as long as I don't look in the mirror!).      Jon

Anonymous said...

WOW....wonderful story...life IS full of surprises~
Happy Birthday to you~I wish you many, many more wonderful birthdays to come~
Journally Yours,
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!  woman, from what i've read of you, your life is amazing and will continue to be so.  so aquarians have strange as a constant in their lives..?
no wonder it's never boring.  

here's wishing you many more happy birthdays and stories to tell.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Neat story about that other woman you met who shares your special day!

betty

Anonymous said...

Happy Belate Birthday.   Yes, time goes by more quickly with each passing year.  It was just yesterday when we heard the Beatles were going to be on the Ed Sullivan show, wasn't it?    Dawn
A Couple of Nomads

Anonymous said...

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME ABOUT 30 YEARS AGO.......RAN INTO A GUY AND WE WERE TALKING, AND HE WAS BORN ON THE SAME DAY, SAME HOSPITAL, AND HIS MOTHER AND MINE WERE IN THE SAME ROOM, BRIEFLY.....MY MOM HAD A C-SECTION, SO WAS MOVED TO A PRIVATE ROOM LATER ON.  DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE GUY THOUGH.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY (MINE WAS JANUARY 15, SO WE ARE SORTA LIKE BIRTHDAY SISTERS, LOL)

REGINA