Monday, September 19, 2005

Bullies

Normally I try to keep myself upbeat, not to dwell on things I cannot really change. I never could stand a bully..so of course, when faced with a grown-up bully I fight back.   For the past year I have seen another journaler manipulate, lie, twist facts..anything..to get her ignorant points across. Unfortunately, she has been spewing her hatred of certain people for months on end. After several months of her constantly pounding home twisted facts several people started to believe the lies. So now this twisted soul had a following...some are people that I had respected at one time.    Today was a day that I was totally dismayed by the fact that my friend had to literally "bare" her soul to prove she was not a fraud or a liar. It took courage for her to do it, and it reaffirmed to me just what a strong soul she has.   Cancer is no laughing matter, it is not to be toyed with, made fun of in any way..to do so reveals such an evil in a person as to be considered pure filth.   So to those of you who have no patience for all the nonsense on the boards, I apologize for my part in this...but there was no way to ignore the hurtful slings & arrows aimed at my friend.   

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sandi. I've decided to just leave them to backbite among themselves. Arguing with them is hopeless. They only see what they wanna see. Plus, it's a never ending cycle. I've said my peace and I appreciate you saying yours. Their lives are so empty and they are so neglected by their husbands, they don't know what else to do with themselves. No wonder their husbands stay away from home.
You're an angel and I'm blessed to have you as my friend.
Love U
Lahoma

Anonymous said...

I've been a little dismayed at one of my message boards too.  People can be so unkind to others, and it just isn't necessary.  I've almost decided to swear off message boards.

Anonymous said...

I went through something similar with a Yahoo group I was part of; when someone I respected did a 180 degree turn and went the other way against someone else in the group. I couldn't stand the injustice of it so I left and I lost respect for that person. Its sad when things like this happen.

betty

Anonymous said...

I've never read the message boards so I don't really know what this is about. We have an evil woman at work who will twist everything you say so I just stopped speaking to her. It's the only way to deal with them. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

no apologies...there are times you have to stand up for what you believe, for your friends, for yourself.  you and your friend are both great, brave ladies, and i'm proud to know you.

Anonymous said...

I have completely stopped doing message boards because of this problem.  I think they all draw some mean poeple that like to hurt others.  

I have found j-land a much better outlet and place for friends and support.

Be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry:

Anonymous said...

I also had some bad experiences what little I used the message boards and so gave up on them.  I never go to them anymore.  I enjoy the journaling experience much more.  I've met many wonderful people in J-Land.  Thanks for your recent comment in my journal.

Anonymous said...

How awful! Wow, I am not aware that those message boards can be instruments of evil. I am appalled that some people post mean comments on them. Is there a moderator who can put a stop to that? Sorry about your friend, Sandi...

Anonymous said...

This sounds just awful. I've noticed a real air of menace and jealousy on those boards which is probably why I steer clear.
Tilly
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean...I used to go there a lot posting my latest entry but I hardly do now.
btw, nice art/pic..did you do that?
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful thing to stand up for a friend.  Glad to see you do it.  It's hard to stand up for yourself, or anyone else for that matter.  I think in this day and age it is politically incorrect to speak up for much of anything, I think alot of you for doing so.

Dawn :)