Thursday, August 4, 2005

Traveling

Hey, guess what~my folks are on the road again...this time traveling from Tampa to Washington State to visit my sister & her hubby. Then they are all to go on a flight to Alaska, going on an Alaskan cruise....winding up staying with friends in Alaska for about a week....then flying home again.  I think their trip is taking about 20 days.

  I think it's marvelous that at their age Dad is 89 turning ninety five days after they return, Mom is 86....of course they have their aches and pains as people their age will...but it has not stopped them from enjoying life to the fullest.    I do believe this "the greatest" generation has an indomitable will, a tremendous yearning to succeed...failure was never an option.  The younger generations could do well to follow in their footsteps....for they cut a path so wide through human history as to change our destiny forever.   Enjoy your trip, thrill to the mountains, wave at the Glaciers, take huge amounts of pictures...just don't pet any seemingly friendly Moose or odd walking penguin!  Come home safely with many stories.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only wish that my husband and I will live as long as your parents and that we will be able to visit all the places we have on our retirement wish list. I heard  the Alaskan cruises are really great...

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic on your parents!  I believe staying active in your younger years will help in the longevity of one's life.  I've heard those Alaskan cruises are fantastic, I hope they enjoy their trip!

Anonymous said...

Wow, 89. I cannot fathom living to be that old.

Take Care,
Gabreael
http://journals.aol.com/gabreaelinfo/GabreaelsBodyMindSpiritJournal/

Anonymous said...

My Mother loved her Alaskan cruise. I hope your parents get to enjoy doing things for many more years.

Anonymous said...

What you've said about that generation is so true.  I hope to be so active and happy at that age.  
Tina

Anonymous said...

Now there is a gene pool I would love to have swam from.
Wow!
How incrediable is that and how proud you must feel watching as they still find adventure together.
So cool......so very cool!
Wishing you health, happiness and laughter.
TJ~
http://journals.aol.com/vaultofsecrets/MoonDancer/