Monday, July 4, 2005

Worries

Never could understand why the hell someone drinks themselves stupid! There is nothing under the sun that is attractive, a turn on, endearing or sexy about getting smashed...trashed...totalled..burnt...plastered...blistered...toasted..roasted...wiped...tipsy...plain out fall down drunk....only thing more stupid is to get in a f'ing car and attempt to drive.

Social drinking is cool...it makes you feel good...you laugh..you joke...you intermingle easier with the opposite sex...that's what it's all about......not shit-faced, pieyed, dumbass stupid loose your life stupid! 

When you reach a point that it controls you and you don't even remember who you are much less what you are doing....you need to stop!  Wrapping a car around an object is definitely not cool, walking away from it was a small miracle - I hope the reality of the situation has hit home to you...there but for the grace of God you could be DEAD.

I was young I know that you need to spread your wings and fly..do it but watch what you do, use some reason and care so that you one day will be giving this same speech to someone younger not laying in an early grave...with people saying "Oh, what a shame..he had so much promise...to die so young."

I love you, I care about you, I want you around for a long time. I intend to keep you to your promise of yesterday...You have to know that you got me very upset, very worried and totally distraught...it's not just your life...your life touches a lot of people who care about you.   

I posted this on another site so that my son would get the message.  I really know where we get our grey hair from...the younger generation! I think after yesterday I need to go get a dye job.  I know my older two did do some things that would of turned me all shades of white had I known about them at the time that they did them.  I didn't find out until recently about some of the shennigans - I guess they figure it's "safe" to tell Mom now??  

This child, this youngest one has always been a joy...he has basically walked the straight & narrow - every other parent that met him wanted to keep him or hold him up as an example to their own kids to be more like him.....so what happened?  I think a damn girl, it's always a girl.

Oh, yeah, I know your shaking your head and saying "Oh, Mother.."  but this little snip of girl talked him into moving in with her, ok he had to leave sometime, then convinced him that he should move to Washington State, they sold everything to raise money for the trip, he sold his car, he sold his TV....basically almost everything for the trip. The deal was she would use her car, they would stay with her friends out there and both get jobs.  Month after month went by...with them planning to go, me worrying...."D" Day was May14th..the day to leave...one day after my son's birthday.  Well, about 1-1/2 weeks before D Day, she ups and tells him that she doesn't want to be with him anymore & takes off to another State to visit an old boyfriend.

The reason she tells him...is that he is "too good"  & off she goes (the bitch) Now he was left with some money, no car - everything he was planning shot to hell...he had handed in a two week notice to his boss..thankfully, the boss had replaced him as yet...it's a decent job, he's been there a couple of years..so I'm thankful he didn't lose that too.  But, I think this broad has messed up his mind a bit....my son is a very romantic type, he treates women very well...but it seems he keeps meeting girls that only want the bad boys.

I don't want to argue the point but I believe men are very stupid when it comes to the opposite sex. (And I don't hate men at all}   Anyway, he was drowning his sorrows as men will and definitely should not have been behind a wheel.  That's another horror of mine...I'm just so against it....I wish he was young enough that I could ground him, actually I'm of the old school...no apologies here...across my knee and paddled with a hair brush!  I never hit my children when they were younger....but I just really really want to shake him until he understands just how stupid the whole thing was.  God, this weekend started out nice anyway......

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think our children are determined to kill us.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rough Holiday Weekend for your family.  Thank God he walked away from the accident.  Your message to him is a good one and I hope he takes it to heart.  Try and get some rest now.  I am sure you need it.
Sam

Anonymous said...

you are right:   MEN THINK WITH THEIR SEXUAL ORGANS.   it's ALWAYS been like that.    i'm like that, too.    eventually, though, some of us get lucky.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... me thinks your son and our son are cut from the same cloth. He didn't wreck a car but has been busted for underage drinking. Then he got TWO tickets for driving without insurance and has been in a hole ever since. I feel your pain and have no real advice except to keep loving him (obviously) and let him know it. In youth I think we sometimes don't even realize when we have crossed the line until it's too late. Take care and keep in touch.

PS. HEY NOW what's wrong with thinking with our sexual organs? I hear over and over again two heads are better than one... HEY don't hit me I was just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi,
Thanks for visiting my journal today. I'm sorry to hear the you had this kind of weekend, glad he's ok though.
I know.... my kids scare me sometimes...it's not because of them but because of influence from others.
Take Care,
Gem
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

WHEN WE MAKE MISTAKES I DO NOT BELIEVE WE SIT DOWN AND THINK.."NOW WHAT CAN I DO TO DESTROY SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE"..BUT WE DO DESTROY LIVES WHEN WE ARE SELFISH AND CARELESS AND IRRESPONSIBLE...ALTHOUGH OTHER'S DISTRESS IS CAUSED INADVERTANTLY ...WHEN WE CROSS OVER THE LINE WE NEED SOMEONE TO LOVE US ...TALK TO US...REASSURE US WE ARE REALLY NOT AT THE LEVEL WE HAVE LOWERED OURSELVES ...ALL I CAN SUGGEST IS KEEEP TALKING...REASSURING...SPENDING QUALITY TIME TOGETHER...LOVE NEVER FAILS...COURTENAY P.S. UNDER SIMILAR CIRCUNSTANCES I REMEMBER SAYING TO MY YOUNGEST.."I AM NOT UP TO ANOTHER COFFIN..."

Anonymous said...

ah, i'm sorry :-(

that little snip of a girl sounds like she's peter panning all over the place.  i hope your son will listen to you.  alcohol most definitely isn't the answer to anything.

best,

mara

Anonymous said...

Aw, Sandi, I'm so sorry this happened.  Your son has been hit really hard, but we all get it in some way.  He sounds like a good kid, so he'll probably find a way to learn from it and move on.  I'm so glad he's okay.  Take care!
Tina

Anonymous said...

Sandi,
    Hope she didn't move to colorado because my son will find her he sounds just like yours. his ex was such a user but the more i said the worse it got. thank heaven they broke up. hopefully both boys will learn and move on

Deb