Saturday, July 9, 2005

Homework Assignment-Best Worst Movie

My worst favorite movie has got to be "Delivery Boys"...it was produced in the mid l980's and was one of Mario Van Peeples first films.

The reason I like it is that my son Kenji did all the artwork for the background where the dancers do the break dancing and he also performed a robotic dance under the Manhattan bridge...it's wonderful to go back and see him as an earnest 17 year old dancing his heart out.

The movie itself is extremely weird with some truly humorous moments and some that are a bit off color.  I had lost my copy of this movie when we moved somehow, so I recently found a copy of it on Ebay...so you know that I bought it!

It basically is a story of all the delivery boys who work for this one pizzeria and all the pitfalls/getting lucky things that happen to them trying to do their jobs.  As a sideline all the delivery boys dance in a break dance group against rival groups...this movie is leading up to the final challenge with one group trying to mess the other group up so they can't perform in the challenge.

Of course my favorite line in the movie is "Oh, how about that kid, Kenji, he's a great dancer...can we get him?"

My son, at his young age, was so excited to be doing his artwork and dancing for a movie! He also enjoyed making a great salary for his summer off from school. 

So you see, this has to be my best loved worst movie of all times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I smile knowing how proud you feel. My son was in a movie and He merely sat in a chair with his back to the audience as he delivered his one line...in his amazingly reminiscent Orson Welles tone of voice...our babies!cmp

Anonymous said...

What a neat connection to have to a movie--good or bad!  I have a friend who was the 17th person from the left (or whatever) in some row of some far-off bleachers in Necessary Roughness.  Not exactly stardom, but she had fun. - Karen

Anonymous said...

that is so great and glad you could find a copy!

Charmaine
http://journals.aol.com/sinnermeetevil/JLandersWalkingItOff/