Thursday, April 21, 2005

50 Years Into The Future!

It's hard to imagine a future age...although people have told me that I have always been about fifty years ahead of the curve on my thinking....possibly because I'm an Aquarius.
It wasn't always said as a compliment either...

Okay, I think that we will have put more effort into creating more natural means of energy...wind, water, sun and sound .. just now we are beginning to experiment with the force of sound..it has a power to it, unimaginable power. The throwaway society of the early 2000 will grind to a halt...with everything becoming reuseable.  People will find that some of the "old" ways are still the best....using mulch piles, having water barrels from rain run-off.

Someone will discover a way to use water as a fuel for autos thereby reducing the air pollution, bike riding will be back in fashion because of it's healthy non polluting means of transportation. 
Because of the scale back of gasoline, the middle east will become much more willing to concede to peace so as to turn to other commerce rather than depend on a dying industry. We may actually see peace in that region for the first time in hundreds of years.

Homes will be run totally by computers, lights, air, windows, security everything controlled by intelligent house Robots.  Most people will not commute to work anymore, but will work from their homes..via computer and world hook up.

People will be able to pick their children...hair, eye color, sex...genetic engineering will be a by word something to wonder at and accept.  The diseases of yesteryear will all be gone, wiped from the gene code in a fell swoop.  The average age expectancy will increase to 125 years of actual good health. 

Also on the horizon I believe that someone's concious mind could be placed into a robot  prolonging that person's existence.  I don't believe that all humanity would want this...but I do believe it will happen one day.

I hope to be looking down one day at Earth, seeing this bright beautiful globe of ours spinning against a black starry background...to find that the whole world is at peace.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR OPTIMISM AND INSIGHT...TODAY OUTSIDE AUSTIN I WENT TO A LAND FILL THAT IS A VIRTUAL MOUNTAIN...WELL SEVERAL MOUNTAINS...LANDSCAPED BEAUTIFULLY WITH SMALL PIPES FOR THE GASSES PROTRUDING, YOU WOULD NEVER BELIEVE TONS OF GARBAGE ARE UNDERNEATH THESE MOUNTAINS...MAN IS INGENEOUS AND NOW IF WE COULD ALL HAVE PEACE........COURTENAY

Anonymous said...

Interesting porjections for the future.  If nothing else came about, I would hope the prediction of peace is realized.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Ahh, peace. Wouldn't that be nice?

Anonymous said...

I for one wouldn't mind having a robot for a body.

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to drop a comment since you did the same for me! :)

Water for fuel huh?  I never thought of that.  What about trash as fuel, Mr. Fusion anybody? he he he!!!

http://journals.aol.com/sastover/scottycorner

Anonymous said...

...Gas is not the reason the middle east is in such turmoil. These peoples have been fighting nearly since the dawn of time...a time before the recource of 'Gas' was even a factor. I agree that it is now used as a means of power and control, but by far will it have anything to do with bringing peace to this area.

When the world ends, you can rest assured there will still be fighting in the middle east.
~Braxton

Anonymous said...

I like your projections.  They all seem pretty upligting to me.  My kind of stuff.  Hey, I live here in sunny Florida too.  Did you see Florida being covered by water due to the effects of Global Warming?

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

This entry was neat. I do hope some of your predictions will come true.

Your Neighborhood Friend,
Sue

Anonymous said...

This is one of my all time favorite photos. Truly a picture worth a thousand words. Life is so fragile, but still so alive!!!

Anonymous said...

MAGICAL!  Both the pics and the words...from one stubborn,intelligent, opinionated-arse Aquarian to another!  LOL