Monday, April 14, 2008

Time Moves Forward

Time seems to be flying by...days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months...still my thoughts are with them....

Forever Friends

My mind's eye plays a myriad of fleeting
images passing ever so quickly

Dark brown eyes laughing in the distance
echo's of love lingering ever so gently

A sense of humor that did not stop, loving
life at it's fullest
Full of jokes, stories and most of all faith.
My West Virginia friend, that I had never
met...yet close to her I felt
Till we finally meet ... a fond goodbye


Green eyes flashing protecting hearth and
home ever so greatly
She was my beautiful Irish Warrior Princess
So delightful to know, to read her story
Her love of family was wonderful to behold
She told her stories in the old world way of
"telling", an Irish way about her

Will never forget them until my time is done
Time passes on, babies are born and the
circle of life continues...it should be ever so

Death comes to all of us, that much is certain
Peel back the curtain, peer into it's face
fighting to stay ever so much

Missing the laughter, even the tears - nothing
seems right with the two of you gone...
wishing to turn back time ever so

 

Sandisan/08

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it thanks for sharing
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

touching, tender and eloquent....
may a friendship like this find us all!

Marc :)

Anonymous said...

I know... I miss them too.  Great poem, thank you!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I knew exactly who you meant
It's a lovely tribute
Love
Marti