Saturday, November 19, 2005

HATE BANNER ADS PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SPONSOR

FIRE ENGINE RED...GOOD COLOR FOR A HOT MOMMA....

DO NOT BUY/USE ANY PRODUCT ON THE ABOVE BANNER AD!!!

This will not switch back now...tried to put another picture up there that Lahoma made couldn't get it to work....gremlins...

There it goes...just a bit smaller.  Wow, we had quite an exodus from J-land..that's very sad.  I cannot for the life of me understand how people can be so miserable as the higher ups at AOL.  For several years now they have done everything they could to try to improve, build up readership...a community spirit if you will.  In one fell swipe they have destroyed several years work and any creditability that AOL had.

I keep on hoping that there will be someone who realizes what a fiasco they have created and will correct this situation.  You have to remember that all the people who left have not stopped bad mouthing AOL....IT WILL EVENTUALLY AFFECT YOUR BOTTOM LINE - even if it takes a while for it to happen....I think Google, and all the rest of the BIG kids on the block are watching you very closely right now.  Can you feel their breath on your back?

If I could do a little "real magic" right now....I would point my magic wand and the dunce who thought this plan up would be sitting in a corner facing the wall wearing a duncecap! 

I also am sending letters of complaint to every ad sponsor, making them aware of the awful fiasco that AOL has created by ignoring the needs/wants of it's paying customers.  I do not think that they will be too happy to part with their advertising dollars...on a lost cause. DO YOU?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well..i think building up the readerships, community, etc.  was groundwork for the ads.  after all, you can get a higher dollar amount for wide exposure.  the psychology of this is fascinating to watch - they get us hooked, they're pretty sure we won't leave - and i don't mean J-land, i mean aol.  and they're probably right.  there might be a mass exodus from journals, but look how many journals are out there...and they're still collecting their monthly fee.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I'm just a reader from Scotland. I am sorry so many bloggers have, and are, quitting over the advertising on their journals...and I don't blame them one bit.  I just wanted to say that I for one don't even look at the ads, I just click up the page to the start of the blog and read from there. I love reading the blogs and will miss my regulars if they all decide to go.
Eve