Tuesday, November 1, 2005

American Girl

Sometimes I cannot believe what I read in the news.  This is one of those times.  We have a very large pro-life organization calling for a national boycott of the beloved American Girl Doll.

Why? Well, it seems the little hellion is up to no good.  Evidently she's been sneaking out to play with her Lesbian & Gay friends, shunning abstinance-only programs and the biggest horror of all.....supporting pro-choice.

Just where has she been hanging out? Well, that hell raising corner of Girls, Inc.   I, mean, my goodness to golly..what will happen next?  They are even selling bracelets that give these little girls the will to actually say  "I Can".

We know where that will lead, don't we.

Poor Barbie with all her tatoo's lost, but then again we all know that Barbie really is a bimbo...everyone on the right side knows that.

I guess the trio of evil should beware...The American Girl Doll, Girl's Inc., and Mattel. 

Hey, you guys, have you investigated The Boy's Club lately?  Huh, huh...inquiring minds want to know....oh, I forgot...the little boy's club becomes the big Boy's Club - no room for girls.

Hey, ladies anyone got a good size hammer for that glass ceiling?

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they want to boycott these dolls, d'you think sometimes people take life to seriously?!! These dollies have the right to do what they want, make their own choices, play with whoever they want, who are we to tell them what to think?!!!!!!!! Jeannette.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

My girls loved their American Girl dolls. I cannot believe what people come up with.!!! I truly thing that there are people who just look around and say, "Hey, I think I'll stir up some trouble...let's see, I think I'll pick THIS!".
Melissa

 

Anonymous said...

How sad!  It gets to the point where I just don't take these groups seriously anymore.  
I never thought of buying them before, but now I think I'll go hunt some down and put them on display in my classroom.  Do they have little bras they can burn? ;-)
Tina

Anonymous said...

I'll be glad to donate my old hammers. They are too old and worn to properly nail but they would have no problem with glass.  Hee hee
Spencer

Anonymous said...

Now I have seen everything!

Anonymous said...

My dughter got these doll catalogues when she was little and we loved studying them..... there was no money to actually own a doll, but the catalogues were fabulous. I totally support this company and its stance on inclusion and support of everyone, and I would have said that before I came out as a lesbian. I have been watching this story rather sadly.......... intolerance disgusts me. Good post Sandi. judi

Anonymous said...

CAn you believe this crap? When in the name of heaven will it end?
Maryanne'

Anonymous said...


http://journals.aol.com/cste609371/writingsshortstoriesbyStewart/

I have a good size hammer for that glass ceiling... A female president! lololol
Then things will change like equal pay ect....  That todays girl new age American Girl Doll that is out, her modern stance is NOT pro life, just bothers me so much- started out sos so sweet now she is a gay rights activist, nice rainbow scaf, not. Hey- I dont care what others do in their private life, just dont make a doll a political activist toy... Its a childs doll to be played with by a child. Inocent play should be a s such... inocent. toys should be in toyboxes not lessons on the things in life little girls are too little to know about & much to little to take a stance on.

Cheryl from New Egland~