Thursday, June 16, 2005

Judith's Artsy June Contest

Of all the colors in all creation...Green has to be my favorite one of all.  Without green there wouldn't be any flowers, foliage, trees, veggies, the air that we breathe...it contains all the magic of the world in it's color... I wrote the following poem for Earth Day, but I think it fits for this contest and explains my feelings perfectly on the color GREEN....

Green, so softly green does my garden grow
Dew drops in the morning mist appear to shimmer
captured exquisitely on a spider's spun web
Prisms of light dance in the sunlight that shows through
Sparkling diamond like across the lush growth as if
painted by glimmer.

Green, so softly green does my garden grow
Little gray green frogs playing hopscotch on
the fallen tree limbs
A baby Opposum has lost it's way...seeking
safe haven in my green heaven
Creatures big and small are drawn into my
little world of green only on a whim
Little green Lizards lie lazily in the sun's heat
As a little feral black cat tries to play cat and mouse
almost by my feet.

My friend the Peacock suddenly strolls by
causing the little cat to jump and fly
A Bluebird lands on a hanging basket, looking
for worms it seems.
Butterflies flit in and out - my little green haven
with life just teems.

I sit in meditation surrounded by nature's glorious beauty
Relaxed, refreshed beyond all imaginings....
Thank you Mother Earth.

This entry is for Judith's June Artsy Contest at:

http://journals.aol.com/judithheartsong/newbeginning

 

 

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love green too, and one of my grandsons has always said it was his favorite color.  Even when he was so young, he pronounced it "gween".

Anonymous said...

oh, what a lovely entry this is!!! I am so glad you submitted it, I truly enjoyed it and will be back to read it again. Green ~ Yum:):):) judi

Anonymous said...

Green is my favorite colour too.  I absolutely LOVE your poem.  Very inspiring.  I write as well, and enjoy other writers' perspective.  TYTY
I will be back.                          C.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing quite like green, so restful.  What a wonderful poem, thank you for posting it xxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that wonderful Green poem. When I was a kid I listed Green as my second fav color after Purple. Now sometimes Blue will be my second favorite, but I think shades of and combinations of Blue and Green are now ranked as my second! ;-) Sassy (Deb)

Anonymous said...

I sit from my window all winter long just waiting for a glimpse of green to show me the first signs of Spring. Green represents to me that I have made it through another long cold winter and won another battle with depression once again!

Anonymous said...

I am a hunter green person.

:)

Gabreael

Anonymous said...

Green, all that is nature, is something I know I couldn't live without. Your words were a perfect compliment to such a color!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

new to your journal..found through Judith heartsong...nice poem and goodluck with the contest! ;-)
Gem ;-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful poem. Good luck.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

My compatriot!!! You did a better job of emoting on green than I did and I loved the poem!! Penny

Anonymous said...

Great Color green and thanks for reminding us just what a meaning color it is.
Really nice entry!
Wishing you health, happiness and laughter.
TJ~
http://journals.aol.com/vaultofsecrets/MoonDancer/