Monday, December 6, 2004

Home Is Where The Heart Is

I think I'm going to write in green just in honor of Christmas.... eventually I'll learn to do graphics, when you are older it is one step at a time....patience, patience.   I am so happy....if you could see me I'm doing the "Happy Hampster Dance!!!"

My daughter & her husband sent me plane tickets for the holidays so I can come up and visit the grandbabies.  I haven't seen the twins since they were ten months old....and I didn't even know that they were blondes!  That was a kicker to find out, they never had much hair before and this past summer it just came in like so blonde.  When they were first born I spent a little over a month up there, actually got them to sleep through the night - so that my daughter & son-in-law could cope a little better.  Cause if you look at the other pictures you will see two other little beauties...Brittany & Sabrina added to the mix.....quite a busy household.

I think back and I do have to laugh....my daughter told me when I was expecting my last child (I was an embrassing 40 yrs old at least to a teenager as she was) that SHE was NEVER going to have children EVER...never, never.  Oh, my...how words can can back and bite us!  My daughter is a great Mom though, she works, she cooks, she cleans, she takes charge and she makes things happen.

All things considered, if I had to do it all over...I never would of moved down here.  You know you have those moments in time where you think you know just the right path to take and looking back in retrospect you find you didn't know a damn thing.  Even though I have made so many trips up over the last eight years...I still missed milestones...first steps, first words,first day of school.  I'm in a catch-22 position no way out....Joe would never be able to work up in New York again, not with those terrible cold bone chilling winters.....due to the injuries he suffered from an accident years ago.

If anybody looked at my homepage you know that I love Star Trek..but I really, really wish they could invent a "Beam Me Up, Scotty" machine....it would be instantaneous...I could go "poof" and be in New York. Imagine....I have.....it would be a blow to the airline industry, but the old fashioned way of flying could still be usefull for some things.  I know people will think I'm crazy but 100 years ago they never thought that we would walk on the moon either...oh, wait, we still have people who think we didn't.  Did Columbus have this much of a belief problem?

Anyhow, I am just so happy about going up......it's also hard to pack for 30 degree weather when it's 80 degrees outside!  Oh, I hope it snows when I'm up there...I want to throw a snowball, build a snowman with the babies...throw myself down and make "snow angels"....yes, I am regressing.  I was always the one who loved the cold weather...lived for it, would play in the snow for hours on end, didn't even mind shoveling.  After 18 years down here my blood has thinned, I have allergies galore....and I'll probably freeze my butt off.   But I still think it will be fun!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you coud say "Beam me up. Scotty" and be in New York too. I live in Oregon and love it here. Have been through New York several times but would get lost there for sure. We get snow here so I'm happy. But now that Im older that sun does feel mighty fine on my skin. About graphics. It isn't hard at all. I'll be glad to help you get started if you like. As well , I can refer you to some journals who can help you learn anything. Just let me know. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you that you will be able to visit your family - wonderful!  You will relish every moment of it and you must tell us all about it and post photos when you get back.
From one Trekkie fan to another, have a good week :)

Anonymous said...

Hiya,
My Mom always does the same thing when she comes up to visit us.  She was in Fla for 8 years.  Now is in S. Carolina.  My Grandparents were in Fla for years too.  Have a great visit with your family.  Merry Christmas LuAnne

Anonymous said...

It totally understand ... I live in CT, and my family lives in South Carolina. I hate missing out on things, parties, holidays, etc ... so many times I have wished that I could just push a button like on Star Trek, and be transported to where my family is. Sigh ...

Kasey

http://journals.aol.com/ikoiko33/TheReturnofKaseypalooza

Anonymous said...

Sandi.......those grandbabies of your are just gorgeous! Enjoy every minute with them! Ü

Anonymous said...

hace a lovely time hun!!! those kiddies are beautiful, enjoy every moment, its hard when family is so far away, but it makes every moment u do get more precious and appreciated x
Jay xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/g1itterkat/OurBrood/

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with those sweetie pies!

Anonymous said...

LOOK AT YOUR GRANDBABIES SANDI! THEY ARE ADORABLE! AND YOUR DAUGHTER IS SO GORGEOUS, I HAVE TOLD YOU THAT BEFORE I KNOW. BUT HAD TO SAY IT AGAIN! :) YOU KNOW, I BET YOU DO WISH YOU LIVED BACK IN NEW YORK,  I HOPE YOU HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME WHEN YOU GO, AND I WANT TO WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A MERRY CHRISTMAS!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures... cute kiddies! :) Melaney

Anonymous said...

I am glad you will be able to go up and visit your family.  :)

Anonymous said...

  Have a great time in NY.  It does sound like you do miss it, even though it is probably the children and grandchildren that you really miss.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to pack for cold when it's 80 outside?!!  Well, let me just come down there and help you :-)  - Kelly

Anonymous said...

I just touched on this too....I totally relate.....great photos too :-)

:-)
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Have a truly wonderful Christmas xxx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos Happy Holidays!

~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

aww, what a beautiful family you have.  hope your christmas was happy, and that your new year is wonderful.

mara