Thursday, October 7, 2004

Homework Assignment..Make A Holiday

Well, for one thing I would want the holiday to fall on a Monday..giving everyone a three day weekend...Yea!!

I firmly believe that this day should be called the "The Unique Day"..it needs to be spent doing what really turns you on.

Everyone could go around saying.."Oh!! Look MY holiday is just around the corner!"  Then they could celebrate to their hearts content doing whatever, with whoever they want...and blame it all on the Uniqueness of the day!  

Ya gotta understand...Mom, Dad, Grandma & Grandpa....etc. all have their day...........this holiday would be for all the people that fall through the cracks in holidays...poor, lonely souls that never get to celebrate......

The only requirement would be that you would have to spend the day doing something fun, something Unique...something you had not tried before..in keeping  with the spirit of the holiday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a unique idea and day. I love it. Reminds me of having an "Unbirthday Party" in Winnie the Pooh. Sign me up. Please feel welcome to visit my journal and read about my holiday...and let me know what you think. Warmest regards.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!  :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a wonderful idea!  I rarely get to celebrate holidays like Christmas and haven't celebrated Thanksgiving in 20 years.  You know how it is.  Death, disease and destruction know no holidays.  Nor does anyone who works for a newspaper.  YIKES!!  I didn't say that. :-)  (It's not really all that bad.  It just feels that way sometimes.)

Julie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!
:)
Loretta
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/LupusLeftovers/
LUPUS JOURNAL
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/LorettasStudio
PAINTINGS, etc.
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/FindingaVoice/
ESSAYS