Friday, August 29, 2008

Jeeze who would of thunk it?

Well today's developments were not expected.  Emotionally I feel like I'm being played and I don't like it.

I really, really wanted Hillary to win...okay it didn't happen...get over it. Then I thought, okay Obama pick her as your running mate...good lord what a ticket!  Okay it didn't happen...get over it.

Now today I get up and discover that McClain has picked a woman to be his second in command! Talk about picking up leftovers at the table! Is this to appeal to all of us ladies out here in lala land who desperately wanted that glass ceiling to crash down in a testrone filled Washington?

The funny part is the news coverage I"ve seen so far is not making any big deal over the fact McClain chose a woman for the VP spot...why is that?

The powers that be that are behind McClain are pretty dam smart and determined to win.

Ironically, from what I've read about the Governor of Alaska I really like her....she sounds like one tough cookie.  Taking on the bad guys, yet managing to still keep her white hat clean.  Well, crap any woman who can manage a home, a husband, five kids, run a state - while pregnant and give birth during your term of office...has got my attention and respect.   I'm sure that is what John is counting on.  Pick up all those disgruntled Hillary backers with his female choice.

Her I would vote for....Him..not so much.  Well, anyway this whole race just got a lot more interesting...what a country!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis - I just heard the news myself.
My first reaction: That SOB - he thinks he'll get my vote just because he chose a woman as VP - no way in hell!!!!!!! She may be an awesome person but McCain would still be President.
Did you hear Obama's speach yesterday? That's what got my attention.
Yes, I would have preferred Hillary, but she'll get her turn eventually.
Right now we have a good chance to breathe some much needed fresh air and fairness into the political machine that masquerades as our democracy in November.
Love You, Charlene

Anonymous said...

Politics, politics, there is no end to their twists and turns.  Be thankful you will not have a female president.  Margaret Thatcher destroyed our country and we have been in a decline ever since.  I was all for a woman runnning the country and women in power in general................until her.  We are still reaping the consequences.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/