Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hillary

    Strange but when a woman strives to be her very best there are always harsh critics waiting in the background to strike.    Case in point...

Hillary and tears.  If she doesn't show any emotion they say she's a robot, a frozen piece of ice and of course, the snide remarks as to "no wonder Bill had to look elsewhere". 

Let me tell you folks if there is any conspiracies going on this is one of them....right on stage for the whole nation to view....be condenscending, shake your head a bit so as to tell the world that the "little lady" just doesn't know what she's talking about.

Now, of course, if she does rise to the bait and exhibit any real emotion, tears would be great, you can zero in on - who the hell would want an emotional woman's finger near THE BUTTON!! Of course, protesting all the time...hell, I love women but - there is always a but - this world, right now, needs a strong hand - translation (male hand).

Right now there are well known blogs that are trashing Hillary for all sorts of reasons.  One such rag is knocking the fact that she stood by Bill all these years...that's now a negative? A woman honors her wedding vows and takes the good with the bad...she managed to hold her head up through some awful times, she gained my respect for that.  And yes, even though he cheated it was not the frigging end of the universe...between husband and wife is what was important.  None of us wanted to be pushed into that marriage bed with them. Thanks Ken Starr wherever the hell you are today, whatever rock you snuck under.

I like her, she's intelligent, witty, well spoken and when she talks I feel compassion and real concern for the public welfare.

Her best line was "Well, it took a Clinton to clean up after the first Bush, maybe it will take another Clinton to clean up after this one too."  Sooooo true.....keeping my fingers crossed and everything else too...

Well, that's my rant for the day....take it easy folks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said , I am giving you a standing ovation because I could never had put it that well ...
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

She really is in a tough position. If a man were to cry, he'd be considered enduring and compassionate. I think the only thing, any of these people should be judged on is their history in actual politics. She needs to stick with her record, and ignore the questions like her relationship with the Bill. The other runners don't have to deal with that, and neither should she!
This was a good rant, especially today.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Excellent rant...I agree.  I don't particularly like her, per se, but I do respect her on many levels. ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you totally!
well put!
Marti