Thursday, January 4, 2007

Homework Assignment New York New York

I believe the graphic says alot.  New Yorkers are a special breed, especially the ones from Brooklyn and Queens.  Rules don't apply well and really were meant to be bent or broken depending on the situation you find yourself in. I think that's why the Mafia was able to have such a long run in history there too.

I do believe that most New Yorkers develop an "edge" to their personality.  They are very direct, don't beat around the bush..and expect you to move along with the same momentum as the rest of the people on the streets.

Since moving down here I have "slowed down" to what I believe is a crawl and I do miss the days of running for the subway, rushing for the elevator....yelling for a cab.  Boy, everybody in New York should be skinny from all the rushing.

If you have a New Yorker for a friend you really have a good friend.....friends and family that's all there is folks.

New Yorkers have been criticized for being out spoken, but why the hell shouldn't we be?  Any rules to this?  I don't think so.  If something affects me or mine I certainly can rant about it, along with the other 12 million in the city....LOL....I miss it, I am so looking forward to my next trip up there.  I guess I need a "New York" infusion every so often.....memories...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New York rocks... and, have big hearts... did you see the story where the college student had a seizure and fell on the subway tracks?  A stranger jumped onto the tracks pulled him into the center and laid on top of him to keep him still and safe as the train roared over them.  Unbeleivable...huh.

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

my boss is a native new yorker, and i found everything in your entry to be true of her.  she has an edge, but lord, what a big heart...

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to New York in a long time, but my experiences there have always been very pleasant. I met a lot of friendly, interesting people there. Perhaps this was only a stroke of good luck -- or PERHAPS those stories about New Yorkers being rude ,loud, and obnoxious is grossly exaggerated......     Jon

Anonymous said...

I've never been to New York and now, I wonder how I would fit in, even on a vacation. Idaho people are a bit slowwwww and pace themselves, plus they are pretty friendly and quiet. But, I think I could handle it, or get run over, either way, sounds like fun to me!
Rebecca