Saturday, July 8, 2006

Sisters, Sister...Nobody better mess with my Sister

I used to love this song..These Boots Were Made for Walking...

My sister Barb is now fully immersed in the throes of teenage angst.  She's just realizing that her baby is not her baby anymore.   "L" has fallen for the bad boy of the pack.   Lots of shades of grey here that's for sure.

Hmm, actually I do believe that other's in my own (gasp) family have "fallen" for the bad ones, the guys dressed all in black with the deep brooding stare...like they know the whole world will someday bow down to them.  There is a reason I got hooked on Angel. (Ha!)

You know the type, the one that will not "meet the parents" and certainly never come to the front door to pick the girl up - just sit in the street and blow his horn for little missy to come a running.  Great way to start a relationship---NOT!

We had that problem with one guy who dated our daughter...except it didn't last long after my Alpha male collided with her younger one. Guess whose view point won!  The young man was told in no uncertain way that no amount of horn honking, shouting or whistling was going to get our daughter out the door...in fact, just the opposite.   Guess what, she married this guy - he treats her like gold.

Any young man who has the bad manners to show up at a door and not at least say "Hi" to the parents has something wrong with his persona. I really don't give a rats ass (Queens logic taking over) what his beliefs are...his statement that "I don't do parents" makes me believe that not too many parents would be enthused with his dating their daughters.

To put it in today's language...he be "dishing" on her, disrespecting her values to the max.

Any girl (hope you read this L) who lets herself be talked into going along with this crap had best watch what next the control freak wants his way.

Please remember baby, we've come a long way - and remember those boots are made for walking.....Aunt Sandi

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, young men need to show respect to the parents or how are they going to treat the girl respectfully? I hope L will come to realise her parents are only concerned for her. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

that's great advice, sandi.  a little respect - and self-respect - goes a looong way.  she's lucky to have an aunt like you.

Anonymous said...

p.s.  i love the graphic!

Anonymous said...

Sandi good advice you are passing on there ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, any guy who doesn't do the respect thing means he is a broken heart or worse waiting to happen...

be well,
Dawn

Ugh... the teen years are ahead for me too

Anonymous said...

I never get the chance to scare the guys off... my daughters are scary all by themselves!
Now my guys, thats a different story.  I have to give my approval of the girl in question, other wise things can be pretty messy around here.  Relationships without my approval seldom last long.
Sometimes I feel responsible for Gabe's breakup with the mother of my grandbaby.  Maybe if I hadn't threatened to break her fingers the next time she braided cornrows in his hair they would still be together.  Or maybe it was because of my 'Over MY DEAD BODY!' exclaimation when she announced that she wanted to name my grandchild 'Lucifer' shortly after she found out she was pregnant.
Nancy Sinatra.... I love her version.

Anonymous said...

I had a boyfriend (briefly) in high school who made the mistake of pulling up in front of my house and honking the horn for me.....my brother who was 4 years older then me, went outside, walked up to the drivers side window and grabbed the guy by the neck and said, 'If you want to see my sister that badly, then I suggest you park your car and come to the door for her!" The guy barely choked out "Ok" then my brother released his grip, the guy floored the car and that was the last I saw of him! lol lol lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my journal, I appreciate it.  Looks like you have a great read here, will be back.
d

http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with ya hun...."Not do parents"? What a jerk!

Thanks for stopping by at my journal.... I love yours! hehe!

I'll put you on my alerts.

All the best,

Stevie
xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/stevietwain/ThelifeofSte/

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks for leaving comments in my journal Northern Trip. Interesting entry this as well - we've all been there.

Guido

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

just found your journal whilst reading comments on Jeannettes Jottings, fantastic entry, I hear you I have 2 teen stepdaughters and a husband who vets their men more thoroughly than customs and excise!

Anonymous said...

See you have not posted lately, hope everything is well with you.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

R-e-s-p-e-c-t , yes! A lot of young people nowadays need to be schooled in good manners and right conduct. And some of our young ladies need to be more assertive.