Sunday, November 7, 2004

Success!!

Hi everyone....I'm jumping up and down doing the "Happy Hampster Dance".... After a tense month...Joe was hired.  I want to thank everyone who wished good wishes for us....I believe all that positive energy really worked.

Thursday morning Joe went for an interview in Oldsmar and basically was hired right away.  Thursday afternoon we get a phone call from one of the companies that he had applied for in Sarasota and they want to hire him also.  Well, the second one was offering more money, so he called back the first company and explained the situation.  They said that at this point they could not match the other's offer but that if the other job did not work out please call them and they would hire him.  That kind of gave us a safety net...made Joe feel really good about himself.

The only downside is that he will be traveling, but he's done it before and we've lived through it.  Only this time, I'm facing the "empty nest" syndrome.  Oh, I have enough work here to keep me busy for years if I put my mind to it.  I also am going to have to play gardener while Joe is gone...watering, weeding, raking...hey, wait...maybe I'll lose weight that would be a good thing!

I just hope that everything goes easy for him tommorrow I can remember the feeling of starting a new job, even when you are sure of yourself & your skills it's a bit intimidating.  Oh, and we did find out the reason, at least what his ex-boss is saying...he told one prospective employer that Joe refused to work any overtime and also would not work on weekends.  This lie came from a man who had sent Joe to work at a place where you could only work nights to build...after putting in a full day.....then to have him take off the day after to "rest"...right!! It was so that no overtime was paid.  He even tried to get unemployment benefits denied...that didn't work either.....they looked at eight years employment and now you decide he's not doing enough?  It also seems that he is trying to hire additional men...I do believe he will regret treating Joe as shabbily as he has.

Anyway, back to positive things.  I feel good about the changes..sometimes life needs a kick in the seat...just to stir things up so that you don't stagnate.  He's worried about me getting lonely, but I've always been able to entertain myself with music, art, writing....this may give me the chance to continue on the little novel I had started.  I'm not the greatest on the computer and my novel was "stuck" in word...did not know how to move it anywhere until Kimbella1957 taught me how to drag, paste, copy....I can finally do it!

Also, I've been pet free for about two years now and I don't like it.  My daughter wants me to come up to New York for Christmas & New Years....but I think maybe after that we talk about getting another puppy.  We had a beautiful small boned Dalmatian named Katie, even when she was seven years old she looked like a puppy. Well, she used to go out and run on our property, we have a half acre, one night she just disappeared.  We think someone passing in a car grabbed her....she never left the property before on her own.

Well, I am looking forward to tommorrow night when Joe will call and hopefully everything will have gone well for him....thank you all again for your thoughts & prayers.....Sandi

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY SANDI, THANKS FOR THE MENTION:)
I JUST CANT WAIT TO HEAR HOW IT WENT FOR JOE ON HIS NEW JOB, SO I WILL BE BACK WHEN I GET YOUR ALERT:)
BEST WISHES TO YOU AND TO JOE, AND KNOW YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AS ALWAYS,,
KIM.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well with his new job!  :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that things turned out so well. I knew they would.  Hope Joe is very happy in his new job.  My hubby used to be away as well so I know the feeling. But as you have many hobbies including now being the "gardener" time will fly. Another pet is a great idea as well.  Nothing like a dog for company. xxxxx

Anonymous said...

So glad you are dancing.  They say that everything happens for the best.  I hope your hubby loves this new job.  It sounds like you will be able to keep busy and wouldn't a puppy be just grand!     Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just love your journal......... I found it recently and will add it tomy list to have alerts.  I am glad Joe wshired...... Good luck to Joe........LuAnne

Anonymous said...

I am soooo glad that life gave you lemonade today :)
Chelle

Anonymous said...

I know its off the subject , But its abour you account question....I got that before and got trhough to aol...They told me not to worry about it, They don't ask for you account # like that. You can call them also to double check if your nervous about it.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are having good luck :)   I read your post on my blog, and I came to check yours out.  It turns out your daughter is just a couple of years younger than me!  Ironically, my own parents moved south last year, from Massachusetts to North Carolina, and they are having a hard time adjusting as well.  They have had a hard time finding work and they really miss the rest of my mother's big loud family :)  Your good luck gave me hope that they will have some of the same :)  Thanks again for reading, and writing :0  -Lib/Katie