Sunday, June 3, 2007

I Am Beyond Anger, a higher level than anger

Happy, smiling faces stare back at me from my photo collection. These are the faces I love more than anything in the entire world.

Instead of my grandchildren having a normal childhood, filled with dreams of fairies, goodness and love.  They have to deal with the fact that madmen want to blow up their neighborhood.  They live right next door to Kennedy Airport, for all I know the gas lines could run right under their house...deep below hidden in the earth.

The insidious plot that was stopped by the concentrated efforts of government powers was hatched from pure evil.  Now these evil men with pure malice in their hearts plan horrific events as easily as if they were planning a birthday party.

Destroy JFK? Destroy all the neighborhoods from the Brooklyn tanks through to Queens ending at the airport fuel depot? Has anyone calculated the amount of people who would of been killed?

These terrorists came from different countries, meeting together with a common bond...murder and mayhem done in the name of Allah. 

The rest of us, Americans, came from all over the world with a common bond...give me freedom, to live, to grow, to love, to prosper...no matter what my color is nor my faith...it doesn't matter. This is our dream...the American Dream, and yes, it is not perfect but it's damn close to it. 

I am, right now, a very irate grandma.  The thought that these faces that I love could of been wiped from this earth by sheer evil is beyond my ken.

Fighting overseas is not going to change this. This has to be a grass roots movement, the everyday common man, and yes the irate grandma too.  We must be vigilant in observing our neighbors. If something does not look right, feel right or smell right...call homeland security. I never thought that I would push for Big Brother, but I honestly believe that is the only thing that will work against this type of terrorist.

Andagain, I state...where are the Moslems speaking up against this? When you stand and fight for what you believe in that is what your children remember and will grow up to emulate. Instead, they grow up and strap bombs to their bodies, all in the name of Allah, blowing themselves and everyone else to Kingdom come. Shame on you for being silent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So scary... I know... {{{ Sandy }}}  We all need to be vigilant... all the time... I call the police when something doesn't look or feel right.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/